Alzheimer’s Care El Paso
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type of dementia, a neurologic disorder that causes brain cells to die. A massive confirmed increase of dementia and Alzheimer’s in El Paso needs carer. Alzheimer’s Care El Paso was established as a helping hand to the family to overcome the partnership to El Paso Alzheimer’s home care and El Paso dementia home care.
Alzheimer’s disease is incurable with no unknown cause; there is no treatment either. However, some medications may temporarily improve or slow the worsening and prognosis of symptoms. In the late or severe stage, complications may occur like dehydration, malnutrition, and infection, sad to say that may end in death.
- Memory. The primary symptom of this disease is memory loss. Sometimes an occasional memory lapse seems to be expected in aging, but on the wrong side, it can start a mild stage of Alzheimer’s. People with this disease may:
- Forgetful about recent conversations, appointments, and events.
- Repeats statements over and over.
- Eventually forgets the name of family members and special event dates and even familiar places.
- The patient is having trouble how to describe something or even to express themselves.
- Misplace objects now and then.
- Reasoning and Thinking. Difficulty concentrating and thinking about concepts like numbers and letters is one symptom of Alzheimer’s disease; worst cases do not recognize and deal with numbers at all. It is more challenging for them to do multitasking.
- Make Decisions. Individual who is suffering Alzheimer’s disease may decline the ability to make good decisions in everyday situations. They are incapable of thing reasonable ways to decide.
Behavioral Changes. Moods and behavior are also affected when having Alzheimer’s disease-like:
- Mood swing
- Distrust to others
- Always feel worried
- Social withdrawal
- Poor sleeping habits
- The patient cannot complete an everyday task. Alzheimer’s disease patients failed to perform basic simple tasks such as bathing and dressing and forget how routine activities work. It is a struggle when the disease progresses.
- Speaking, reading, and wring problems. A patient will have difficulties speaking because of a thinking problem; they may also experience more writings or reading errors.
When some of the symptoms persist, they are supposed to see a specialist doctor for a thorough assessment and evaluation. Early detection may be a treatable condition or may slow the worsening prognosis of the disease. El Paso Alzheimer’s home care and El Paso dementia home care
Stages of Alzheimer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease treatment plan will be base on the severity of it. It categorizes between mild or early, moderate, and severe or late stage. El Paso Alzheimer’s home care and El Paso dementia home care have set standards to promote effective and efficient health care for them.
Early or Mild Stage
- Personality and behavioral changes
- Performs routine task longer than usual
- Getting lost
- Always misplacing things
- Forgets activities recently
- The difficulty of recognizing family members, relatives, and friends
- Failed to learn new things
- Difficulty performing routine activities
- Impulsive behavior
Sever or Late Stage
- The problem of speaking and eating
- Loss of balance
- Inability to communicate
- Being dependent on others
- Unable to leave alone
Age is considered the main factor of Alzheimer’s, but it does not mean that you are safe from having this early up to middle age. Many individuals with early stages begin at the age of 40s’ or 50s’. The family may notice the symptoms first, then the patient with this condition. Early detection and treatment may reduce slower the worsening though there is no proven cure.
Seek for Assistance
Taking care of seniors is quite tricky and challenging; what more of demented seniors? Luckily, Alzheimer’s Care El Paso’s doors are open for those who are seeking help. For more details and information, you may contact us on our hotline number.